Tier: Luke Annear
State: Madison, Wisconsin
About: "This fly, in two colors and three weights, takes up the largest portion of my carp box. Developed from a Carp Candy, a soft-hackle was substituted for the zonker wing (or beard) of the original. I eventually settled on a hook and other materials that I liked best. I fish a heavy version of this fly a lot on small rivers, on nearly a slow swing, and drag and drop it on anything with little to no current, twitching as needed."
Notes: Luke lives in Madison Wisconsin, a paradise of flyfishing. With driftless area spring creeks all around him (including his back yard) and world class pike, musky and small mouth water all within a day trip, Luke decides to target carp. And he does it well. Luke was this year's champion of the Orvis Madison Carp Tournament. Also, Dan once slept on his couch.
- Hook: Gamakatsu SL45 #8
- Thread: Black 6/0
- Eyes: Back bead-chain eyes
- Tail: Generous pinch of barred, crawfish orange rabbit zonker
- Body: Brown Hare's Wiggle Dub in dubbing loop
- Ribbing: Medium copper wire
- Hackle: Brown brahma hen neck hackle
- Head: finished of with tight noodle of wiggle dub (sans rubber) figure-eighted around the eyes.