We have a great mix signed up with a wide range of carp fly fishing and fly tying skills. Everything from grand-masters and pro-guides to self proclaimed git-er-done hacks and beginners. We call all regions of the US home but share a passion for fly fishing for carp and I can't wait to see these flies!
Alonzo, The Long Line Collective
Austin Anderson, PondBass
Barry Reynolds , BT2 Productions
Bill De Brooklyn, The Great Lakes of NYC
Chris Galvin, Colorado Trout Hunters
Eric Ridenour, Big EZ World
The Roughfisher, roughfisher.com
John Montana, Carp on the Fly
John Jensen, Currents
Justin Watkins, Fishing and Thinking In MNLonny Garris, Caddis Fly and Pixie Poo
Ty Goodwin, finewater
Will Rice, The Drake
WHAT YOU DO
- Mail me 10 copies of your carp fly. Due Feb 1st!!! I will send out my address in an email.
- Fooey on rules, restrictions and handcuffs. Feel free to send more copies or more sets of ten if you feel like it. You will get some duplicates and a few less flies than you sent though.
- Include your return address!!!!
- At your discretion include materials lists, instructions, how to fish it, about you, website links, credit due etc. On one hand I want this to be fun so skip all or part of this step if you don't like it! On the other hand your fly will live on in the summary on Fly-Carpin. The more information you include the more I add (within reason).
- If you earn or supplement your income in some way related to fly fishing for carp feel free to include promotional literature or cards (within reason) and I will include it in the return packages.
- If you do NOT want me to post any pictures or other information about your fly for any reason just let me know via a note in the package or email.
- There is no requirement that these are unique flies. What is and is not a unique fly is a murky subject but I will be highlighting your flies on my website, so try and give credit where due if applicable so that I don’t get nasty-grams or lose possible carpin buddies. If you are not sure if your fly is a dead ringer, a variant or truly unique just ask and we can decide together. I will communicate with you directly and negotiate if I feel we need to apply some discretion.
- I will take pictures of each pattern and compile a summary page on Fly-Carpin.
- I will do my best to capture any and all supplemental information included with the flies. This will be the absolute hardest part of this process so have patience with me.
- The summary page will include links or plugs to participant’s fly fishing for carp related websites and businesses where applicable.
- I will sort the flies into sets of 10 and mail back packages by Feb 29th!!!
- The packages will vary randomly. I will work hard to
kype all the good stuffbe fair.
- In order to make this as easy and fun as possible I will (Gulp!) cover shipping costs back first class.
- I will poke around a little and see if somebody will sweeten the pot. No guarantees.