UPDATE - 30 participants have signed up, further registration is CLOSED! If you are uncertain if you are in or not I have updated the list of participants at the bottom of this post. Man I hope I didn't screw somebody, registration happened FAST this year!
Here are the rules, with the only significant differences from last year is registration via email (instead of comment), 30 tiers instead of 21 (including myself) and a slightly later due date of Feb 10th and return date of March 10th. .
WHAT YOU DO
- Email me your intention to participate at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail me a minimum of 10 copies of your carp fly. Due Feb 10th!!! I will send out my address in an email.
- Fooey on rules, restrictions and handcuffs. Feel free to send more copies or more sets of ten if you feel like it. You will get some duplicates and a few less flies than you sent though.
- Include your return address!!!!
- At your discretion include materials lists, instructions, how to fish it, about you, website links, credit due etc. On one hand I want this to be fun so skip all or part of this step if you don't like it! On the other hand your fly will live on in the summary on Fly-Carpin. See last years example. The more information you include the more I add (within reason).
- If you earn or supplement your income in some way related to fly fishing for carp feel free to include promotional literature or cards (within reason) and I will include it in the return packages.
- If you do NOT want me to post any pictures or other information about your fly for any reason just let me know via a note in the package or email.
- There is no requirement that these are unique flies. What is and is not a unique fly is a murky subject but I will be highlighting your flies on my website, so try and give credit where due if applicable so that I don’t get nasty-grams or lose possible carpin buddies. If you are not sure if your fly is a dead ringer, a variant or truly unique just ask and we can decide together. I will communicate with you directly and negotiate if I feel we need to apply some discretion.
- I will take pictures of each pattern and compile a summary page on Fly-Carpin.
- I will do my best to capture any and all supplemental information included with the flies. This will be the absolute hardest part of this process so have patience with me.
- The summary page will include links or plugs to participant’s fly fishing for carp related websites and businesses where applicable.
- I will sort the flies into sets of 10 and mail back packages by March 10th!!!
- The packages will vary randomly. I will work hard to
kype all the good stuffbe fair.
- In order to make this as easy and fun as possible I will cover shipping costs back first class.
- I will make an effort to improve packaging as compared to last year where a couple of flies got smushed.
Current Participant List:
- Justin Watkins
- Gregg Martin
- Will Rice
- Barry Reynolds
- John Jensen
- Matt Pike
- Dan Frasier
- John Montana
- Ty Clifton
- Jean Paul Lipton (AKA Roughfisher)
- Mike Medina
- Austin Anderson
- Alonzo Sanchez
- Mark Erdosy
- Nate Gubbins
- Adam Hope
- Geoff Anderson
- kevin Frank
- Josh Rinehart
- Austin Orr
- Mark Vibber
- Matthew Dobrowolski
- Nolan Majcher
- Bennet Muraski
- Ty Goodwin
- Steve Martinez
- Miles Christmas
- Bill Henry
- Zack Janssen