Don't worry, I will get to the loot and how you might win it eventually. First, the bully pulpit.
Every year I participate in the upcoming Denver Trout Unlimited Pro-Am Carp-Slam. It is a great event and is one of the fishing and social highlights of my year.
As much fun as it is, there is more to the Slam than just having a good time. Over six years ago the Carp Slam was conceived as fundraiser to fund improvements and repairs to the South Platte. It has been success full beyond expectations. Thanks to the hard work of Denver Trout Unlimited the Carp Slam raised 30 thousand dollars last year, twenty five thousand of which has already been earmarked and donated to projects to improve our river! That is amazing and has to rate as one of the strongest community driven stream improvement programs in the country.
Just as importantly the Slam also raises awareness of this incredible resource. The fact that the Sand Creek oil spill was found and reported was a direct result of the increased awareness of our river fostered by Denver Trout Unlimited and their marquee event.
Alright, I hope that wasn't to bad. To the loot! This week I had seven limited edition Fly-Carpin hats (2 grey, 3 tan and 2 black) made up for the cause. The two grey hats are going to my Pro partner and I. The five tan and black hats are up for grabs in an electronic raffle to support the South Platte.
To be eligible all you have to do is go to my Carp Slam VI competitor page and join team Fly-Carpin by donating to the Carp Slam. DTU has made it extremely easy to contribute. Just press the orange donate button and pony up with a credit card or Paypal. For each dollar you donate you will be purchasing the electronic equivalent of a raffle ticket. The more you donate, the better your odds! First draw will get first choice between tan and black, second place second choice etc. until the five hats are gone.
- Must donate through Trevor Tanner's Carp Slam competitor page before midnight Friday August 24th.
- Drawing will be via Excel random number generator.
- I will perform the drawing and announce the winners on Fly-Carpin and across multiple social media sites within 24 hours of DTU providing me the list of donations.
- If you would like to remain anonymous please notify me when you make your donation at mctage at yahoo dot com.
- I will do my best to contact the winners for shipping details. Dropping me a line at mctage at yahoo dot com after you donate will help.
- I will ship the hats first class no charge.
- There is a remote possibility I might win some loot of my own if my page draws the most donations. If it is one of Scott Wells kick ass carp prints like last year you can pry that from my cold dead hands. Otherwise I will consider adding it to the raffle loot. I don't think we have to worry about it at this point though, the leader has raised over a thousand dollars!